Diminished Value Claim
How the Claim Process Works
Inherent diminished value is the amount of value your vehicle
loses when public knowledge of your accident causes potential buyers of your car to offer you less than they would if it did not have an accident history.
Fortunately, DVCHECK can help you with a world-class diminished value claim recovery process that will help you document, demand, negotiate, and recover your vehicle's inherent diminished value.
If you’ve been in an accident and you were not at fault, all 50 states allow you to file
diminished value claims with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to recover the lost
vehicle value you’ve experienced as a result of your accident.
Any amount you receive for diminished value is in addition to any repairs that the insurance company is required to pay.
You'll be able to prove your diminished value claim by following our simple 5 step diminished value recovery process.
1. Request Your Free Estimate
Submit a Free Estimate form or call us to learn how much diminished value you can claim and how we can help you maximize your settlement.
- DVCHECK will review your claim to confirm that your diminished value loss is valid.
- You'll get an estimated range of diminished value that your vehicle has suffered.
- We'll review the diminished value claim process with you.
- You’ll be able to ask any questions or raise any concerns you may have.
Order your diminished value report from DVCHECK. Our certified diminished value appraisal is the proof you'll need to successfully recover your diminished value loss.
- DVCHECK will perform extensive market research to establish your vehicle’s fair market value before the accident and estimate your diminished value.
- We'll issue a certified appraisal that is specific to your vehicle and your claim using a format that is widely accepted by insurance companies and courts.
- We'll email your diminished value appraisal and a demand letter that you'll forward to the insurance company.
Follow our instructions and present your demand to the insurance company by
including the diminished value appraisal report and your customized demand letter.
- DVCHECK will give you specific instructions on how to present your demand.
- We'll advise you on what to do when the insurance company responds to your demand.
Some insurance companies may want to offer less than what you deserve. DVCHECK will assist you throughout the negotiation process – from the moment you order your report until your claim is settled.
- DVCHECK will review any feedback you will receive from the insurance company.
- We'll advise you on the best way to provide any additional documentation you'll need to support your claim.
- We'll assist you with drafting all negotiation correspondence so you can maximize your settlement amount.
Using our diminished value recovery process, you’ll recover your diminished value from the insurance company in as little as 3 weeks.
- You keep the entire amount of your diminished value settlement.
- We'll never charge a contingency fee or take a percentage of your settlement.
- The insurance company will mail your diminished value settlement check directly to you.
Contact Us Today!
Recoup the loss in value your car experiences after an accident.